Solo Pack, Bowlz, Bowl XL, Laundry Basin:
1. How durable are the products?
Fozzils are made from a specially formulated high quality, food grade, polypropylene. Our material has unique properties making it highly suitable for folding and re-folding without breakage. Of course, the material can be damaged by cutting, or exposing it to an open flame, but under normal use it is flexible and virtually unbreakable.
* Cold weather tip - Due to its low moisture content, this material performs particularly well in cold temperatures in comparison to other plastics. Fozzils will, however, stiffen in the cold which adds pressure on the snaps. This may make a snap difficult to close. In cold weather, give the folds a good squeeze/pinch, particularly near the base, during assembly. This will reduce pressure on the snaps and will not harm the items.
2. How do I fold my Fozzils?
Before assembling for the first time, pre-fold the creases several times in both directions. This will soften the plastic hinges making the products easier to fold. Fozzils will develop a "memory"over time, making subsequent assembly even easier.
To fold correctly, please follow the image below.
3. Can the products be used with hot liquids?
The material is heat resistant to 110 degrees Celsius,. Water boils at 100 degrees Celsius, so the products may be used with hot drinks such as coffee, tea, cocoa, soups, etc. You may notice some softening of the material when used with hot food or liquids.
4. How do you clean the products?
Fozzils have non-stick surfaces and unfold for easy cleaning. Unless your dishwasher puts out more than 110 degrees C (which is unlikely as water boils at 100 degrees C), your Fozzils will be fine in the dishwasher too.
For backcountry and frontcountry camping, we endorse the Leave No Trace™ best practices in the links below:
Backcountry Dishwashing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvOYbM2RH6c
Frontcountry Dishwashing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hODEilheaPc
Fozzils tableware cleans easily and the Bowl XL is handy as a dishwashing basin and water carrier for both the backcountry and frontcountry. The Fozzils Dishrack is also a good frontcountry option with its built-in drip tray.
5. Are the products safe for food?
Yes! All Fozzils use high quality food grade polypropylene which is BPA free.
6. Will the products leak?
The Cup, Bowl, and Dish are designed so that liquids will not reach the snap holes when filling or when used normally. The items may leak, however, if held in such a way as to allow liquids to reach the snap holes. Please take care to follow the cautionary instructions on the product packaging, particularly if using with hot liqiuds which could cause injury.
7. Can the products be used in a microwave? Dishwasher?
We don't recommend microwave use as some of you may superheat your meals. Unless your dishwasher puts out more than 110 degrees C (which is unlikely as water boils at 100 degrees C), your Fozzils will be fine in the dishwasher.
8. Are the products safe for children?
These products are not toys and should only be used by children under adult supervision - particularly when used with hot foods or liquids that could cause injury.
9. Are the products environmentally friendly?
Yes! Fozzils are reusable and a terrific alternative to single-use and disposable plates, cups, and bowls. Moreover, Fozzils are made from polypropylene, which is considered by many environmental groups to be the safest and most environmentally friendly plastic (after bioplastics, which are not as durable) due to the relatively lower energy consumption and lack of harmful byproducts in production and easily available, low cost recycling options.