Solo Pack and Bowlz:
1. How durable are the products?
Fozzils are made from a high quality, food grade, polypropylene. Polypropylene has unique properties making it highly suitable for folding and re-folding without breakage. Of course, the material can be damaged by cutting, or exposing it to an open flame, but under normal use it is flexible and virtually unbreakable.
* Cold weather tip - Due to its low moisture content, polypropylene performs particularly well in cold temperatures in comparison to other plastics. Fozzils will, however, stiffen in the cold which adds pressure on the snaps. This may make a snap difficult to close. In cold weather, give the folds a good squeeze/pinch, particularly near the base, during assembly. This will reduce pressure on the snaps and will not harm the items.
2. How do I fold the products?
Before assembling for the first time, pre-fold the creases several times in both directions. This will soften the plastic hinges making the products easier to fold. Fozzils will develop a "memory" over time, making subsequent assembly even easier.
Please note the 'SIDE OUT/EXTERIEUR' when assembling. The silicone coated side should always be on the outside when folding.
3. Can the products be used with hot liquids?
The polypropylene is heat resistant to 110 degrees Celsius,. Water boils at 100 degrees Celsius, so the products may be used with hot drinks such as coffee, tea, cocoa, soups, etc. You may notice some softening of the material when used with hot food or liquids.
4. How do you clean the products?
Fozzils have non-stick surfaces and unfold for easy cleaning. Unless your dishwasher puts out more than 110 degrees C (which is unlikely as water boils at 100 degrees C), your Fozzils will be fine in the dishwasher too.
5. Are the products safe for food?
All Fozzils use high quality food grade polypropylene which is BPA free.
6. Will the products leak?
The Cup, Bowl, and Spoons are designed so that liquids will not reach the snap holes when filling or when used normally. The items may leak, however, if held in such a way as to allow liquids to reach the snap holes. Please take care to follow the cautionary instructions on the product packaging, particularly if using with hot liqiuds which could cause injury.
The Dish is not intended for liquids such as soups, etc. and should not be filled with liquids above the indicated "Do Not Fill Above This Line" level or it will leak from the snap holes.
7. Can the products be used in a microwave? Dishwasher?
We don't recommend microwave use as some of you may superheat your meals. Unless your dishwasher puts out more than 110 degrees C (which is unlikely as water boils at 100 degrees C), your Fozzils will be fine in the dishwasher.
8. Are the products safe for children?
These products are not toys and should only be used by children under adult supervision - particularly when used with hot foods or liquids that could cause injury.
9. Are the products environmentally friendly?
Yes! Fozzils are reusable and a terrific alternative to disposable plates, cups, and bowls. Moreover, Fozzils are made from polypropylene, which is considered by Greenpeace International to be the most environmentally friendly plastic (after bioplastics, which are not durable) - due to the relative ease and low cost to recycle and the lack of harmful byproducts in production.